Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Feast ~ Cranberry Pot Roast


With Fall approaching... I thought I would share my Cranberry Pot Roast recipe.  It is so tender and good!  

I hope you enjoy!

1 Beef Roast
1 onion, sliced
1/3 cup Catalina or French Salad Dressing
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 TB butter, softened
2 TB flour

Trim the fat from the roast and put in the crock pot.  Put the onion and garlic on top of the roast.  Mix together the cranberry sauce and dressing and pour over the roast.  Cover and cook on low all day, until done.  

Remove the roast from the crock pot.

Mix together the butter and flour and whisk into the gravy left in the crock pot. Turn the crock pot on high and cover for 10 minutes or so.  Slice the roast and serve with the gravy.

** you can also omit the onion and add a packet of dried onion soup mix. **

I serve mine with mashed potatoes and a nice big salad.

Yumm!

No comments: