Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Whatcha Working On Wednesday...

Well... I am probably working on exactly what all of you are working on today... LOL

Getting ready for Thanksgiving!

I am headed off to the grocery store to shop for everything we need for dinner... plus, we live in Wisconsin so that means we also have a BIG game at noon too!  So, I have to make sure we have yummy and fun appetizers for the game!  That's not too hard, as long as I have my "Cocktail Meatballs" and my "Bogus Cheese Dip" we are all good! LOL 

Think I will share those two recipes with you...just in case you are looking for some tasty vittles!

Cocktail Meatballs

2 pounds ground beef
2 pkgs lipton onion soup mix
1 can evaporated milk
2 TB worcestershire sauce

mix together well, and form small meatballs on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Broil one sheet at a time on high 4" from broiler until nicely browned.  Turn once and broil other side.

In large pot or crock pot combine 2 cups ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 TB worcestershire sauce and add meatballs.  Simmer for about 1/2 hour.  


Bogus Cheese Dip

Okay, let me just say that my husband calls this BOGUS  because it doesn't look beautiful...but it tastes AMAZING! LOL

1 block of white cheddar (I use Vermont Sharp Cheddar...but any will do)
1 med. onion chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 TB chopped rosemary

Combine all ingredients in oven safe dish.  Bake at 400 for about 1/2 hour until all melty and bubbly and slightly browned on top.

I serve with crackers... but you probably could dip ANYTHING into this and it would be delicious!



Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving


PS. Got 3 trees up yesterday... will post photos soon.





1 comment:

basketsnprims said...

Laura, your recipes sound delish. thanks. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
hugs,
pam