Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whatch Workin On Wednesday




I am working on an adorable Christmas Block of the month wall hanging by Gail Pan Designs!

I found this pattern online and best of all it was a FREE pattern! Please check out her blog at: 

http://www.primitiveatheart.blogspot.com

Now I am not a much of a quilter to say the least.  However, needle point, cross stitch, etc I love to do!  So looking at this "quilt" pattern.... I thought to myself, Laura, you can do this one! LOL


So, I copied off all the patterns, bought my muslin and embroidery floss and got to work.  I love the whimsical design of the words and the flowers.  The colors are perfect that she picked out also for the floss.. I just LOVE this!  


Now, I still have to pick out the border fabric.  I am waiting for October 1, because my girlfriend Judy is opening up a quilt shop here in town.  I thought I would bring in my "finished" blocks and then pick out fabric to match.  Judy has amazing taste, so I can count on her for back up!



Originally, I was going to make this for my mother, however I just don't think I will be able to part with it now!! Plus, I decorate ALOT more than my mom, so I am sure she would want me to have it! :-)






No comments: