Thursday, September 15, 2011

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions! Fall Outdoor Decorating.

Okay, here is my dilemma, and I am hoping you all can help me make a decision.

I have two black urns in the front of my home, at the end of my walkway.  They just sort of look so blah right now since I pulled all the plants out from summer.  

Next planting will be mums and some Kale. Which I will only keep out there for a few weeks until I decorate for Halloween.  

But, I want to do something extra special with them for Fall/Halloween.  I did some searches and found some great ideas... the only problem is deciding which one would look best.  

Our house is on a very busy street, and at Halloween we literally have hundreds of kids come trick or treating! So,  I would really like the urns to be festive and fun. 


Last year I bought some HUGE pumpkins and placed them on the top of the urns, cut off the top and filled them with all sorts of dried materials like corn stalks, bittersweet, black eyed susan, grasses, curly willow, etc.  Actually, I guess when I think about it, I have done that same thing for the past two years!  Time for a change!!


That's where I hope you all can help.

Okay, here are the ideas I found... please post a comment on your favorite!

Thank you so much for your help! :-)


This fall arrangement is beautiful, and was sent to me from a friend on Country Sampler forum.


Topiary 1

Topiary 2


Topiary 3


Topiary 4


Topiary 5

These topiaries I found online... Each of them is great... I think they would be a lot of fun for people to look at.  There are some super creative people online... you can get the best ideas... there's just two problems... 1. how do you decide and 2. you can spend almost a whole day just looking at all of them. LOL



1 comment:

Roberta said...

I think the trick or treaters would love any of the pumpkin stacks with lights. They're all beautiful, though! ~Roberta