Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast with Alfredo Sauce
This is one of my family's favorites! The chicken turns out so tender and juicy!
Parmesan Cheese (the kind in the plastic container in the pasta isle at the store)
Boneless Chicken Breast
1. First, take your chicken breast, and place one inside a gallon size ziplock bag. With a mallet or rolling pin pound the chicken to about 1/2 inch or so. Repeat with remaining chicken.
2. In bowl put 2 egg whites, and beat well.
3. On a plate or in a bowl add your Parmesan cheese. I like to add a nice amount of fresh cracked pepper and mix well.
4. Dredge your chicken breast in the egg white and then in the parmesan to form a nice coating.
5. Add olive oil to a large, non stick frying pan, over med-high heat. Add your chicken. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side before turning to eliminate the crust from falling off the chicken. Cook until done.
1/2 cup of butter
1- 8 oz package of cream cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp black pepper
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.