Thursday, August 20, 2009

What a day...

Today has been incredible~ you know how when someone says "it can't get worse" and you cringe? That's the day we have had. My poor 16 year old daughter tried out for volleyball which she has played for the 7 years and gound out last night that a girl who was injured last year in basketball and CAN NOT play this year got the last and remaining varsity spot! My DD was the only junior on JV! She spoke with the coach this am and she was less than sypathetic and said what's done is done! I absolutely despise high school sports politics and they are worse the smaller the town!

This reminds me of something my grandfather always said... God created the country, Man created the city and the Devil created the small town! How I miss grandpa!

On a better note, my mother went to the oncologist today, and so far so good. She had 2/3 of her tongue removed 3 weeks ago. I was afraid I would never hear her voice again... but she is speaking and her spirits are fantastic! God is good!

That's all for now...

No comments: